Admission Information for September 2019
The Board of Governors are currently reviewing the Admission Criteria for September 2019.
Admission Information for September 2018
- Admission forms are available in the school office from Wednesday 29th November 2017.
- Please return your completed admission form to the school office by Wednesday 10th January 2018 by 12 noon.
The criteria for admission to Nursery are:
1. Children born between 2 July 2014 and 1 July 2015 whose parent(s)/guardian(s) are from socially disadvantaged circumstances*.
2. Children born between 2 July 2014 and 1 July 2015.
In the event of over-subscription, within either of the above criteria, preference will be given in the order set out below
(a) Children who have a brother/sister, half-brother/half-sister resident at the same address currently enrolled as a pupil in Rosetta Primary School
(b) Children who have a parent/guardian who is a current permanent employee of the school. (Indicate name and capacity in which employed)
(c) Children who will have a brother/sister, half-brother/half-sister resident at the same address, enrolled as a pupil in Rosetta Primary School in September 2018.
(d) Children who have a brother/sister, half-brother/half-sister resident at the same address formerly enrolled as a pupil in Rosetta Primary School. (Indicate name and years of attendance)
(e) Children whose parents have nominated Rosetta Primary School Nursery Unit as their first choice.
(f) Children who reside in the electoral wards of Rosetta, Ballynafeigh, Ravenhill, Wynchurch or Cregagh as defined by OS map (www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/electionmaps/ni/
(g) Children from other areas.
In the event of there still being more applicants than places then selection will be on the basis of the initial letter of the child’s surname as recorded on the child’s birth certificate in the order as set out below:
X, P, Y, Z, M, T, K, E, S, D, Mac, Mc, J, H, F, I, L, C, O, U, G, Q, N, B, O’, V, W, A, R
The child’s Birth Certificate must be attached to application. All applications must be accompanied by proof of residence (eg utility bill, bank or building society statement, the child’s medical card or a letter awarding child benefit), dated within three months of application.When considering which children should be selected for admission, the Board of Governors will only take into account information which is detailed on or attached to the application form. Parents should therefore ensure that all information pertaining to their child and relevant to the school’s admissions criteria is stated on the application form or attached to it. Examples of such information include whether the child has, or had, brothers or sisters attending the school.
The criteria for admission to Primary 1 are:
- Children who have a brother, sister, half-brother and/or half-sister resident at the same address, currently in attendance at Rosetta PS.
- Children whose parent/guardian is a permanent employee of the school in the school year 2017/2018. (Indicate name and capacity in which employed)
- Children whose brothers, sisters, half-brothers and/or half-sisters, resident at the same address, previously attended the School. (Please indicate name and year of attendance.)
- Children who attended the Nursery Unit of the School in the School year 2017/2018
If Y1 is over-subscribed the following criteria will apply in the order below.
(a) Preference will be given to those children who live nearest to the school, measured as the crow flies using freemaptools.com from home (address and postcode) to the school (address and postcode).
It is the Parents' responsibility to ensure that any information relevant to these criteria is included on the Application Form.
The child’s birth certificate should be attached to the application form. All applications must be accompanied by proof of residence (eg utility bill).